New York City, USA 17.-24.2.2014 ♥



On Monday it was finally time to travel to USA for the first time!
I was so nervous the whole time we spent to get to Helsinki-Vantaa airport and when we waited there for our flight. At the same time I was also happy and excited. It had been my dream to travel to USA for so many years and now finally my dream was coming true. 
My mum had been in Miami many many years ago with my brother so this wasn't the first time in USA for my mum. 
Soon it was time to write the last texts for my friends and S 
and get ready for take off. 
BYE BYE FINLAND! 
We saw Iceland
and its beautiful views on our way to NYC

Our hotel was next to the Williamsburg Bridge and from there we could see an amazing view when we were on our way to the hotel. 



We went twice to the Queens Center Mall which is located in Queens. You can get there very easily by metro (M & R lines, the stop is Woodhaven Blvd)
I bought a bunch of clothes from there (i.e. the stuff in the pictures above). You can find i.e. Forever 21, Charlotterusse, Victoria's Secret stores, H&M, Payless (a very good shoes store) and many other stores. There's also many different kinds of restaurants; fast food, Applebee's (we ate there and the food was sooo good and the service too!) etc. 
I really recommend this mall to everyone! There's something for everyone and it doesn't matter if you have a small or big budget. 








On the second day we went just to walk around near Bryant Park & W 34th Street. 
Next to Bryant Park, there's New York Public Library which had a nice small "park" in front of it. Behind of Bryant Park we could also see the Bank of America Tower which looked very beautiful because of the sunny weather. 






One day we went to Chinatown which was close to our hotel but we didn't stay for a long time because it started rain a lot so we went back to the hotel. But what I could see, there's a lot of small shops and they mostly sell jewelry, scarfs and a lot of tourist stuff. Also there was a lot of restaurants mainly Asian. 

On Thursday we took the metro to Brooklyn where we looked for a craft store because my mum wanted to go there. At first we had some problems but a nice man helped us in the right direction. 
It was a quite long walk after all but it was nice to see a part of Brooklyn too and it was way different than Manhattan. There was nice little houses that had a backyard and everything. I started to think that I could live in that kind of house too :D If my plans go well, I will be living in American house after my graduation...
That was a very sunny and warm day which made the walk even more enjoyable :) 

In Brooklyn there was houses like these for example.
There was also more snow than in Manhattan. 

Almost every day we went to walk around and shopping to Koreatown and Garment District. 
Around W 34th Street and Herald Square, you can find shops after another. There's Forever 21, H&M, Victoria's Secret stores, Macy's shopping mall, Aeropostale, Zara etc. 
From there you can also, of course, find the Empire State Building. 
And when you walk around in Koreatown you can find a lot of bead and craft shops and also cheap jewelry stores. I bought a bunch of earrings from there. 

Most of the time I was more focused on going to Forever 21
which is right next to Empire Stare Building
so I have only a couple of pictures from there :D
and on daytime it didn't look so amazing among all the other skyscrapers! 



Pictures from here and there....




On Saturday at noon we took the metro to Battery Park and from there we bought tickets to the Liberty Island and Ellis Island. 







 So at first we went by ferry to Liberty Island where the Statue of Liberty is located. 





















From there we continue the trip by ferry to Ellis Island. 
There we visited the Immigration Museum. 



The flags had only 48 stars










The rest of the day we spent in Koreatown and we also went to Times Square.







On Monday it was time to go back home :(
Before we left from the hotel, we went for a walk to the near surroundings. 

There was a public WC in that old building :D
I wonder who uses that...




Views from our hotel window. 
Sometimes you could see the Williamsburg Bridge from there.


I wish we could have stayed for a longer time! 
but I'm hopeful that I will get a second chance to go to NYC again in the future :) 

Overall the trip was successful and I'm very happy I got to see NYC 
and a part of the USA. 
Hopefully next year I will see more and in the end stay there. 


Now for the end a few food pics 
and also a collage of everything I bought :) 






  • Earrings from a shop in Koreatown 
  • Nail polish from Claire's & the earrings from Forever 21
  • Black&White shirt from Charlotterusse
  • Handbag from a shop in Koreatown
  • Divergent -book from the JFK airport 
  • Scarf from the same shop as the first earrings 
  • All the clothes from Forever 21 
  • Except the black shirt which is from Charlotterusse
  • Shoes from Payless
  • I also bought lingerie from Victoria's Secret Pink store
  • & got a smoothie bottle from Victoria's Secret store


Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

"Tuparit"

Muumimaailma - Winter Adventure

Seoul, South Korea 29.4.-8.5.2016 ♥